On a visit to the Harrisburg PA area on a vacation, stop by one of the PA attractions located in the area.
Explore a cave or gardens, sample chocolate, take in an opera or enjoy a riverboat cruise.
This area of the state offers lots of things to see and do for the entire family.
There’s various cultural activities along with family friendly places to visit for a memorable vacation getaway.
Enjoy exploring the area, taking in the sights, eating good food and just being in the Keystone State!
The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts
222 Market Street
Harrisburg PA 17101
Harrisburg PA Hotels
- 2 major productions per year
Hershey’s Chocolate World
251 Park Boulevard
Hershey PA 17033
Hershey PA Hotels
One of the PA attractions open all year
You can create your own special chocolate bar using whatever ingredients you want and design a wrapper for it.
Take a free tour and see the chocolate being made then enjoy a sample at the end. Kids will enjoy the interactive displays. There’s also a 3D show, trolley tour and chocolate tasting tour.
170 Hotel Road
Closed January, February and most of March (opens end of March). See website as hours vary during the year.
- 23 acres
- Butterfly house – open end of May to mid September 9 AM-5 PM. 300+ butterflies, 25 different kinds
- Themed gardens
- Children’s garden has 30 themed gardens and offers hands on learning experiences for kids.
- Educational programs
Hershey Trolley Works
- History and Chocolate Tour – Labor Day to Memorial Day
- Trolley Adventure – Memorial Day to Labor Day, acting story of Milton Hershey’a life
- Christmas story with actors includes caroling
Indian Echo Caverns
368 Middletown Road
Hummelstown PA 17036
Hummelstown PA Hotels
Open all year. 9 AM-6 PM Memorial Day to Labor Day, 10 AM-4 PM all other times.
- This is a limestone cave
- Tours (bring a light jacket)
- Gift shop
- Educational programs
Pride of the Susquehanna
Cruises begin Memorial Day weekend through fall. Closed winter months
- Paddlewheel riverboat that cruises on the Susquehanna river
- Dinner cruises
- Sightseeing public cruise
Guided tours Mon-Fri 8:30 AM-4 PM, Sat-Sun 9 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM – allow extra time for security clearance
- 600+ rooms
- Stained glass windows, marble staircase, paintings, dome
Enjoy the things to do in Pennsylvania in this region of the state!