State parks in the north central PA wilds region offer outdoor recreational fun for the entire family on a Pennsylvania vacation.
Enjoy camping, hiking, fishing, swimming, canoeing and scenic views.
Bald Eagle State Park
149 Main Park Road
Howard PA 16841
In Centre County PA between Locke Haven PA and Milesburg PA on Rte 150.
From W – I 80 to exit 158, then PA 150 N 10 miles. From east – I80 to exit 178 then 220 N, then PA 150 S 13 miles.
- boat on the lake – 3 boat launches, a marina
- 4 picnic areas in this PA wilds park – Schencks Grove has picnic tables, pavilions play fields, volleyball courts and horseshoe pits.
Beach picnic area has pavilions, horseshoe pits, and volleyball courts.
Skyline Drive has picnic tables, 1 pavilion, volleyball court and horseshoe pits.
Summer/Winter Launch area has 1 pavilion, volleyball court, horseshoe pits
- camping – cottages, tents, trailers. Has a primitive area. Has a new Nature Inn with 16 rooms overlooking the lake
- In winter: ice fishing, sledding, tobogganing, cross country skiing
- wildlife and bird watching are year round park activities
Bendigo State Park
533 State Park Road
Johnsonburg PA 15845
In Elk County PA in the PA wilds 4 miles NE of Johnsonburg on SR 1004 (off of US 219 in Johnsonburg).
- canoeing and kayaking on the East Branch of the Clarion River
- picnicking – 3 pavilions, tables, charcoal grills, horseshoe pits
Black Moshannon State Park
4216 Beaver Road
Philipsburg PA 16866
In Centre County PA on PA 504 9 miles E of Philipsburg. Has the Black Moshannon Bog Natural Area.
- picnic – tables, 8 pavilions
- boating – 3 boat launches
- bike on trails
- hiking (great for bird watching)
- camping April – December – tents, trailers, cabins, group tenting
- In winter: ice fishing, ice skating, ice boating, cross country skiing, snowmobiling
- Philipsburg PA Hotels
Bucktail State Park Natural Area
Enjoy the 75 mile scenic drive from Renovo PA to Emporium PA on PA 120. Especially stunning in the fall (October).
Chapman State Park
4790 Chapman Dam Road
Clarendon PA 16313
In Warren County PA off US 6 near Clarendon and by the Allegheny National Forest.
- picnic – 4 pavilions
- hiking and backpacking on trails
- biking on paved roads
- fishing on Chapman Lake
- boating (1 boat launch) on Chapman Lake
- camping in this PA wilds park mid April to mid December – trailers, tents, cottages, group tenting
- In winter: sledding, tobogganing, cross country skiing, ice fishing, ice skating, snowmobiling
Cherry Springs State Park
In Potter County PA 44.
- rustic camping April to December
- picnic – 1 log pavilion, tables, charcoal grills
- mountain biking
- has a Woodsmen’s Show every August
Clear Creek State Park
38 Clear Creek Park Road
Sigel PA 15860
In Jefferson County PA 12 miles from Brookville. I 80 W – take Exit 78, follow PA 36 N to PA 949 N. I 80 E – take Exit 73, follow PA 949 N.
- camping April – December – tents, cabins, trailers
- picnic – tables, 5 pavilions
- In winter: sledding, tobogganing, cross country skiing
Colton Point State Park
At the west rim of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon in the PA wilds 5 miles S of US 6 at Ansonia on Colton Road. Nice to visit in October for the fall foliage.
- rustic camping and group tenting April to October
- picnic – tables, 5 pavilions
- In winter: snowmobiling
Cook Forest State Park
113 River Road
Cooksburg PA 16217
East – take Exit 78 off I 80, then PA 36 N. West – Exit 60 off I 80, then PA Rt 66 N to Leeper. Follow Rte 36 S 7 miles.
Caution: an active black bear population.
- canoeing on Clarion River
- fish on the Clarion River
- Seneca Point Overlook gives a stunning view
- horseback riding on designated trails
- biking on dirt roads
- picnics – tables, 3 pavilions
- camping May – October – tents, trailers, cabins, group tenting
- In winter: sledding, cross country skiing
- Cooksburg PA Hotels
Denton Hill State Park
In Potter County PA off of PA 6.
- downhill skiing
- cabins for rent
Elk State Park
Located 9 miles S of Clermont on SR 1001 in the PA wilds and 8 miles E of Wilcox on SR 1006.
- Fishing on East Branch Lake
- boating on East Branch Lake – 1 boat launch
- picnic – tables
- In winter: ice fishing, ice boating
Hills Creek State Park
111 Spillway Road
Wellsboro PA 16901
In Tioga County PA between Wellsboro PA and Mansfeld PA N of US 6 in the PA wilds region. Also accessible from PA 287 between Tioga and Wellsboro.
- picnic – 3 pavilions, tables, charcoal grills
- fishing on Hills Creek Lake
- boating on Hills Creek Lake – 2 boat launches, rentals of rowboats, paddleboats, kayaks and canoes
- wildlife watching
- camping April to October – cottages, cabins, tents, trailers, group tenting
- In winter: ice fishing
Hyner Run State Park
86 Hyner Park Road
North Bend PA 17760
In Clinton County PA 6 miles E of Renovo on PA 120 or 3 miles N of Hyner on Hyner Run Road.
- picnic – tables, 2 pavilions, some grills
- camping April – December – trailers, cabins
- In winter: snowmobiling
Hyner View State Park
In Clinton County PA 6 miles E of Renovo on PA 120 or 3 miles N of Hyner on Hyner Run Road. Accessible from PA 44, 2 miles W of PA 664 on Hyner Mountain Road and 6 miles SW on Richie and Hyner View roads.
- hang gliding
- picnic – tables, some grills
- has a scenic overlook of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River
Kettle Creek State Park
97 Kettle Creek Park Lane
Renovo PA 17764
In western Clinton County PA 7 miles N of Westport and PA 120 in the PA wilds on SR 4001.
- fishing on Kettle Creek Reservoir
- boating on Kettle Creek Reservoir – 1 boat launch
- camping April – December – tents or trailers
- horseback riding
- trail biking
- picnic – tables, charcoal grills, playing field, playground equipment, 1 large pavilion
- In winter: ice fishing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, sledding, tobogganing
Kinzua Bridge State Park
In McKean County PA in the PA Wilds region 4 miles N of Rt 6 at Mt. Jewett on SR 3011.
- Picnic – tables. Must take trash with you.
Leonard Harrison State Park
4797 Route 660
Wellsboro PA 16901-8970
East rim of the PA Grand Canyon. PA 660 W from Wellsboro for 10 miles.
- camping April – October
- picnic – tables, charcoal grills, 1 pavilion
- has an overlook which is beautiful in the fall (October)
Little Pine State Park
4205 Little Pine Creek Road
Waterville PA 17776
In Lycoming County PA. From Waterville PA go 4 miles on SR 4001. From US 6 in Wellsboro – PA 287 S to English Center then SR 4001 to park.
- picnic – tables, play equipment, volleyball court, pavilions
- fishing on Little Pine Lake
- boating on Little Pine Lake – 1 launch
- rentals of paddleboats, canoes, kayaks, rowboats
- camping April – December – tents, trailers, cottages, group tenting
- In winter: snowmobiling, cross country skiing, sledding, tobogganing, ice fishing
Lyman Run State Park
454 Lyman Run Road
Galeton PA 16922
In Potter County PA 15 miles E of Coudersport, 7 miles W of Galeton on Lyman Run Road.
- camping April to December – trailers, tents
- ATV trail
- picnic – tables, charcoal grills, play area, 1 pavilion
- boating – 1 launch
- lake and stream fishing
- wildlife watching
- In winter: ice fishing, snowmobiling, ice skating
Ole Bull State Park
31 Valhalla Lane
Cross Fork PA 17729
26 miles N of Renovo PA on PA 144 and 18 miles S of Galeton in the PA wilds.
- year round camping
- picnic – 4 pavilions, tables, fireplaces, play ground
- has a log cabin that can be rented year round
- In winter: snow shoe, cross country ski and snowmobile on certain trails
Parker Dam State Park
28 Fairview Road
Penfield PA 15849
In northern Clearfield County PA. From I 80, Exit 111 to Rte 153 N 5.5 miles. Right onto Mud Run Road, 2.5 miles to park.
- boating – rent paddleboats, canoes, rowboats
- picnic – tables, charcoal grills, 7 pavilions
- camping April – December – trailers, cabins, tents, group tenting
- In winter: ice skating, sledding, ice fishing, snowmobiling
Patterson State Park
Located 6 1/2 miles S of Sweden Valley on PA 44.
- 2 picnic pavilions
- rustic camping
- mountain bike trail
Prouty Place State Park
On Long Toe Road 5 miles SW of PA 44.
- has access to fishing and hiking in Susquehannock State Forest
Ravensburg State Park
Mifflinburg PA 17844
In Clinton County PA 8 miles SE of Jersey Shore on PA 880 and 4 miles N of Carroll, Exit 192 on I80.
- tent camping May – September
- picnic – tables, pavilions, charcoal grills, playground, playing field, horseshoe pits
S.B. Elliott State Park
In Clearfield County PA 9 miles N of Clearfield off PA 153 N of Exit 111 I-80.
- picnic – tables, 3 pavilions
- rustic camping April to October. Cabins available
- In winter: snowmobiling, cross country skiing
- Clearfield PA Hotels
Sinnemahoning State Park
8288 First Fork Road
Austin PA 16720
In Potter and Cameron County PA in the PA wilds 8 miles N on PA 872 from PA 120 in Sinnemahoning, and 35 miles S from where PA 872 intersects US 6 in Coudersport PA.
- boating – 1 boat launch
- camping April – December – tents, trailers, cabin
- picnic – 2 pavilions
- In winter: ice fish, snowmobile
Sizerville State Park
199 E Cowley Run Road
Emporium PA 15834
6 miles N of Emporium PA on PA 155.
- camping April – December – tents, trailers
- picnic -6 pavilions, tables, horseshoe pits
- In winter: snowmobiling, cross country skiing in the PA wilds.
Susquehanna State Park
From US 220 – Reach Road Exit, right onto Reach Road, right onto Arch Street. Entrance on right side of N side of Arch Street Bridge.
- boating – 1 launch – on Susquehanna River
- fishing on the Susquehanna River
- picnic – tables, 1 pavilion
- May – October take a riverboat tour on the Hiawatha
- Williamsport PA Hotels
Upper Pine Bottom State Park
In Lycoming County PA W of Waterville on PA 44 in the PA wilds.
- small picnic site
- access to hiking, skiing and snowmobiling in the Tiadaghton State Forest
Enjoy your visit to PA wilds state parks.