On a vacation to the southwest area of the state, visit one of the Pittsburgh attractions in the region.
Pittsburgh tourist attractions offer opera performances, incline plane rides, and pretty botanical gardens to walk through.
Definitely take a ride up the incline. The views at the top will be stunning, especially at night with the lights twinkling in the black sky.
You’ll love the city spring, summer, fall and winter.
There’s lots to fall in love with here!
Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve
614 Dorseyville Road
Pittsburgh PA 15238
The Audubon Society of Western PA is headquartered here.
- 134 acres
- Wildlife include birds, deer, red fox, raccoons, owls
- Educational classes
- Store – Tues-Sat 9 AM-5 PM, Sunday 1-5 PM
- Natural history library
- Native plant center has events and workshops. Tours are available by appointment.
- Kids educational programs
- Walking trails are open all year, dawn to dusk
Pittsburgh PA Hotels
1197 West Carson St
Mon-Sat 5:30-12:45 AM, Sundays 7-12:45 AM
See a great view of Pittsburgh while riding one of the late 1800’s cable powered cars located in the Station Square area.
- Tours available including seeing the hoisting equipment, view of the city on an observation deck
- Museum and gift shop at top of incline
Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts
600 Penn Avenue
Home of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Offers various concerts and performances during the year
- Has a restaurant (reservations required) and a cafe open weekdays from late spring to beginning of fall
Heinz Memorial Chapel
1212 Cathedral of Learning
University of Pittsburgh
The architecture (neo Gothic) is awesome with high ceilings, glass, stone vaults, arches, oak woodwork and wrought iron.
The interdenominational chapel is available for weddings, and they hold various concerts throughout the year there.
Mon-Sat 5:30-12:45 AM, Sundays 8:45 AM-midnight
This historic incline is one of two inclines in Pittsburgh. It can be found near the Smithfield St bridge in downtown Pittsburgh. Ride the incline for views of the city and the Monongahela River.
Opera At Theater Pittsburgh
Stephen Foster Center
286 Main Street, 3rd Floor
For younger audiences, they present innovative and unique new American operas using a combination of visual arts, music and theater. They also do reinterpretations of classic operas.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
1 Schenley Park
9:30 AM-5 PM daily, Friday 9:30 AM-10 PM
- Summer flower show
- Butterfly exhibits
- One of the Pittsburgh attractions with events
- Educational programs
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
2900 Liberty Avenue
Various performances during the year with “The Nutcracker” performed each year at Christmas time.
2425 Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh PA Hotels
Rodef Shalom Biblical Botanical Garden
4905 5th Avenue
June to mid September Sun-Thurs 10 AM-2 PM, Wed 7-9 PM June-August, Saturday 12-1 PM
- 100+ plants with biblical verses
- Plants are biblical or have biblical names
- 19 indoor and outdoor gardens
Round Hill Park
651 Round Hill Road
Elizabeth PA 15037
Has an exhibit and working farm that is open year round with interpretive exhibits. Also has events including movies and concerts throughout the year. One of the Pittsburgh attractions that offers nice areas to have a picnic at.
125 West Station Square Drive
52 acres on the Riverfront with shopping, places to eat, events, entertainment. One of the Pittsburgh attractions where you can dine outdoors over the summer.
- Bessemer Court – See the Bessemer Converter which converted iron to steel in the 1930s.
- Enjoy a fountain and light show (3 shows an hour) at the Fountain at Bessemer Court. Shows are held late April to beginning of November from 9 AM to midnight. Features multi colored lights with music and 12+ different shows.
- Enjoy a horse and carriage ride around the Square
- Take a Just Ducky tour and see downtown Pittsburgh then enjoy a ride on one of the rivers.
- Take a Segway tour and see the sights. It’s a 2 hour city tour.
- Hop on board the Station Square Express trackless train, kids and parents both. Takes you on a ride through the Freight House Shops on weekends. Hours are Fri-Sat 12-9 PM, Sundays 12-5 PM
- Enjoy concerts and live music at the Amphitheatre
Enjoy the Pittsburgh things to do on a fun vacation!